Getting ready for the next step in your career
Stepping up in responsibility can be an exciting time, but it’s often also a challenging one. Promotion processes at senior levels involve hard work, self-reflection and a clear strategy for success. You’re expected to show strong leadership ability, articulate your compelling vision, and demonstrate your readiness for the demands of the next role. In addition to dedicating the time on top of your busy schedule to make sure you’re really ready for the demands of the next level, you’ll need to be resilient, to be able to respond to challenging feedback, and fully prepared to answer the question ‘why you?’
Is it worth getting some extra support for such an important career milestone?
Promotion Success Coaching
My Promotion Success coaching programme helps women in senior positions navigate challenging promotion processes and supports them in getting fully prepared for the next level. It’s ideal if you’re looking at a senior promotion within the next 6 -18 months and if you’re:
- Just starting to think seriously about your next promotion
- Feeling ready for another go after having been knocked back before
- On the receiving end of some difficult feedback that needs to be resolved before you can progress
- Not feeling as ready and as confident as you’d like to feel
My programme can increase your chance of success and get you ready for a promotion through helping you demonstrate your readiness with confidence, grace and presence and giving you strategies for success for such an important career milestone.
Here are some questions to get you thinking about your promotion and how ready you are right now:
How did you get on? Did you have clear and articulate answers for all of them? Perhaps you realised there are some areas you haven’t quite got covered?
My programme will ensure that you devote the time, attention and energy required to your promotion, and that nothing falls by the wayside. Each programme is tailored to your unique needs and promotion process and we’ll spend time at the beginning going through every aspect of your process.
Here’s how the programme works:
1) Becoming fully prepared for each step of the process:
We will work on your papers and business case, finding worthy examples of your leadership and performance to date. We will focus on your development plan and help you articulate your strengths, value and contribution to your team, area and organisation. We can also make sure you address any development areas that may have arisen through feedback. We will get you ready for an interview panel through rehearsal and evaluation.
2) Strategies to help you transition to the next role:
We will explore the strategic, practical and personal aspects of the role. Together we will develop your vision and strategy, map your stakeholders, and engage your team(s). You will develop your 100 day Action Success Plan and together we will make sure you are ready!
Rachael challenged me to ensure I pulled out the best examples and articulate myself well. Most important for me was learning to talk un-self-consciously about myself and my examples. Rachael worked with me to ensure I put myself forward in the best light, confidently.
PwC UK Director
What can you expect to gain from this programme?
Depending on your priorities and needs, here’s an idea of what positive changes you can expect:
- Get ready for the next role including preparing your vision and strategy
- Draw up an action plan to get you through the first 100 days
- Develop your ability to articulate your value and contribution – for example for a business case or interview panel
- Work on your personal development plan and address your development needs
- Learn about your leadership style, sharpen your leadership skills and capability
- Gain rich insights and learning about you, your strengths and performance
- Opportunity for self-reflection and chance to deepen your resilience to challenges and setbacks
- Grow your confidence in your skills and abilities
- Receive encouragement, support and challenge each step of the way
It doesn’t matter if you’ve gone for promotion before and not been successful; we can work together to identify your barriers to success. What’s important is that you value your personal development and are willing to put in the hard work and effort into your coaching in order to achieve your promotion. You’ll need to show drive, determination and commitment to your career success, along with a sincere willingness to learn and adapt.
What’s the next step?
If you’re a mid to senior level leader who wants to feel confident about the next important next step of your career and empowered to take on all the challenges of next role, let’s have a conversation about how I can help you.